CTA & Mass Transit Accidents
Your CTA & Transit Accident Attorneys
Speak directly to an attorney and get the feedback you need to proceed with your CTA accident claim or other transit injury. You don’t pay a fee until we win.
CTA & Mass Transit
A large urban city like Chicago is a hub of traffic activity, including mass transit vehicles. Metra and CTA trains traverse Chicago and its surrounding communities. CTA and PACE buses navigate the roadways of Chicago and the surrounding suburbs. Unfortunately, given the wide variety of modes of transportation – pedestrians, bicyclists, motorists, buses, and trains – accidents with mass transportation happen all too often. Due to the sheer size of mass transit vehicles and the number of people that use the mass transit vehicles, the accidents often have devastating results.
How We Handle CTA & Mass Transit Accidents
Mass Transit Accident Causes
Train accidents occur for a number of reasons, most commonly due to train derailments, equipment failure, collisions with other trains, collisions with motor vehicles, and collisions with pedestrians. The causes of bus accidents are also numerous, but some of the most common causes include driver error, poor weather conditions, poor maintenance of the bus equipment, bus part defects, and road hazards.
Wrongful Death Attorney
Unfortunately, mass transit accidents often yield catastrophic results. Our Chicago wrongful death attorneys have more than 30 years of experience representing the family members of the victims of fatal personal injury accidents, including bus accidents, train accidents, and other motor vehicle accidents.
Wrongful Death Lawsuit
Family members of loved ones may be able to recover compensation for the following in a wrongful death lawsuit:
- Medical bills incurred by the victim prior to death
- Funeral expenses of the victim
- Loss of future income
- Loss of employment benefits, such as a pension and health insurance
- Loss of future inheritance
- Loss of parental guidance if the victim has surviving minor children
- Loss of spousal companionship, protection and care
- Pain and suffering of the survivors due to the trauma of losing a loved one
- Punitive damages depending on the defendant’s culpability with respect to the accident